[antlr-interest] Grammar composition in v3, multiple packages, no joy

Christian Nentwich christian at modeltwozero.com
Wed Feb 10 11:16:36 PST 2010

  > Sounds like an idea. The ideas currently on that page IMO do not scale

> > to a
> > grammar of any size.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by scale to be honest. Performing an upcase in
> LA isn't much of an overhead compared to everything else. I use this on my
> SQL grammars with no problems and there are hundreds of keywords to
> recognize. But if you prefer JFlex, then so be it :-)
>
> Jim

You saying that made me somewhat suspicious that I might have overlooked
something, and indeed it seems so; I made an assumption that the character
data of tokens was being converted to upper case by that solution, but on
second reading it seems that this is only done for matching purposes. I have
lots of stuff (quoted strings, etc) that must not be touched. Hm. I may
rethink :)

Christian