[antlr-interest] Errors associated with target languages

William B. Clodius wclodius at los-alamos.net
Mon Jan 4 20:49:25 PST 2010

I am experimenting with generating parsers and lexers for a complicated grammar using as many available target languages as possible mostly to see how legible the code is as a possible guide to my hobby language syntax. For Java, Python, and C I have no obvious problems. For Delphi I am consistently getting the error (even for a very simple lexer)

error(10):  internal error: Exprtoken.g : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find template actionGate.st; group hierarchy is [Delphi]

I have also been experimenting with creating the infrastructure for a target language. I have made a mistake somewhere and am getting a different error for the simple lexer

error(10):  internal error: Class org.antlr.tool.Grammar has no such attribute: recognizername in template context [outputFile lexer] : java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: recognizername

Are there any suggestions as to how to fix these errors?