[antlr-interest] Rule ignored in CSS grammar

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Mon Jan 18 09:01:45 PST 2010

You might start with this one

http://www.antlr.org/grammar/1240941192304/css21.g

(CSS 2.1 grammar that I contributed) and just upgrade it to CSS 3, which is not much different to be honest. The main difficulties are properly lexing the input and the example you quote does not do the lexing correctly. Adding to the parsing constructs is trivial.

I am not sure why you would try to prevent the use of '_' as that is part of the spec. However the way you are doing it will not work anyway because the lexer is context free and just produces the tokens it sees (it is not driven by the parser).

Jim