[antlr-interest] ANTLR v4 planning stages

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Tue Jan 19 13:07:04 PST 2010

i was thinking something like  arbitrary code in some simple imperative language and then any call to @foo() or whatever would call foo in the target language.

> I assume you'd still allow target-language-specific actions, too, eh?
> Perhaps an option to specify NIL actions (wow - that might be a
> confusing name ;) or target-language actions - might be best not to
> mix 'em...

we'd use language=Java for the target language as we do now and then add perhaps actions=NIL to specify what the actions look like. The default would be actions=language.

Perhaps ALE or AIL=ANTLR imperative language? :)