[antlr-interest] Running ANTLRWorks 1.3.1 -- javac error

Bart Kiers bkiers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:19:59 PST 2010

Karljürgen,

In order to run ANTLRWorks, you do not need 'javac', but 'java'.

'javac' is the compiler that will compile java source files into byte codes
that the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) interprets/executes.

'java' is the application that executes the byte codes produced by 'javac'.
Since ANTLRWorks is already compiled, you only need 'java'.

So, on the command line, give the following command:

java -jar antlrworks-1.3.1.jar

If the above does not work, please post the exact error message(s) on the
list.

Thanks.

Bart.