[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks - memory settings on OS X

Nathan Eloe powerofazure at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 10:23:22 PDT 2010

On 7/26/10 11:49 AM, Bill Andersen wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Can someone remind me again how to do memory settings for ANTLRWorks on OS X.  Can't seem to find on the web but I know it's common to do this.
>
> Right now I have the default of 64M of heap (which I think is what the number in the lower-right corner means)
>
> Thanks
>
> 	.bill

I just found it!
in the Info.plist in the Application bundle, add the following lines
right under <string>org.antlr.works.IDE</string>:

<key>VMOptions</key>
<array>
  <string>-Xms512m</string>
  <string>-Xmx1024m</string>
</array>

When I added them in vim, id didn't seem to take very well (of course, I
think I might have specified -Xmx twice, instead of -Xmx and -Xms.

If adding those in vim doesn't take, try editing them with the info
property list editor (automagically opens when you double click on the
plist in the bundle).

Hopefully that works for you too.  This seems like the kind of thing
that would be nice to have as an option somewhere in the IDE, if it's
possible...  Actually I wonder what the implications of running the
debugger and the like from a different java VM from within the IDE would
be, or if that were even possible...