[antlr-interest] Consultant wanted

Pat Smith anonabout at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:31:42 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm actually looking for a company to build a DSL. It's basically a rather simple validation language for an ERP toolset. The syntax would be something like Javascript. The basic flow I am thinking about is that code would be typed into an editor, parsed and validated for syntax, generated into an AST, then the AST would be serialized out to XML and the XML would be persisted in a toolset. The XML should then be able to regenerated back to source sort of like the pretty print of HTML tidy. The actual text of the source code would never be stored, the source would always been generated from the XML which represents the AST. Should further changes occur to the source, a diff would be performed of the previous and current XML and the difference would be sent to the toolset to update the structure. That pretty much covers for the design side. As for the runtime, I would need a framework which would run through the AST and call the already defined functions which are in the toolset to perform the validations and logic. I don't expect the runtime to be complete, just enough of a framework so that it can easily be extended to fulfill the rest of the requirements. The target language is Java. Please send an email to anonabout at gmail . com if interested.

Thanks
Pat Smith