[antlr-interest] semantic analysis

venkat medhaj hvmedhaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 14:01:27 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a simple grammar for which I was able to walk through the AST and
printout the input text to the console. I learned that we need to put the
information in the symbol table and do the semantic analysis from there on.
How , what information should I put into the symbol table and how do I check
for type errors ?

Let say, I have something like a + b, given that I am able to walk through
the AST, how do I do the type checking for this little case?
Any simple code snippets would be appreciated.

Thanks.