[antlr-interest] Variants of a grammar

Marcel Schaible marcel at schaible-consulting.de
Mon May 17 14:14:05 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently reworking some old big YACC grammar files. Each of them
(about 15 different YACC files with 5kB to 80Kb size) are describing a
command language for a specific hardware device and share a lot of
common rules. Now I was wondering if it is feasable to do some kind of
object-oriented approach like put all shared rules in some kind of a
base class and all the special command and command derivations in a
derived class.  Another idea I am thinking of is using StringTemplate to
generate the YACC grammar files.

Maybe one of you stumbled over a similar problem and has a nice solution
and could push me in the rigth direction?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance!

Marcel