[antlr-interest] No '_dbg' attribute (python 3.1.3 debug)

Red Rackham redrackem at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 10:30:50 PST 2010

With Python 3.1.3 in debug mode I get a little ways in ANTLRWorks then at some
point I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\SW_SVN\ScriptConverter\PgenToAntlr\antlr\ITPParser.py", line 124821,
in specialStateTransition
    self_.error(nvae)
  File "C:\SW_SVN\ScriptConverter\PgenToAntlr\antlr\ITPParser.py", line 124155,
in error
    self._dbg.recognitionException(nvae)
AttributeError: 'DFA22' object has no attribute '_dbg'>

I noted that _dbg is an attribute of some classes in debug.py in antlr3 folder
but not of DFA class (of which DFA22 is subclass).  So I am assuming this is a
incomplete coding or a bug?  Is there any quick fix workaround that can be
recommended?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Mark

PS Java is not an option here due to having a large grammar and hitting the
Java 64K module limit.