[antlr-interest] Filter mode and C#

Peter Andersson claespeter at home.se
Sun Sep 5 14:21:06 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to use the filter mode to do some optimization to an AST
tree.
I can't make it work. It seems that it doesn't use filter mode even if I set
the
filter option to true. The downup (or Downup) method also seems to be
missing.
I'm using C# and I saw a comment somewhere that filter mode only works with
Java
as the target language. Is that true?

An alternative would be to use a full grammar but is it really possible in a
non-filter grammar to specify special cases that are candidates for
optimization?
I tried to use syntactic predicates but that doesn't seem to be supported in
tree grammars.

Thanks for your help,
Peter Andersson