[antlr-interest] question: sql 2003 grammar

Patrick Ericx patrick.ericx at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:28:11 PDT 2011

hello Douglas,

you've done some interesting  work on sql 2003 grammar,

I have some questions on the generated java code:
when I put the 2 grammars lexer & parser in an eclipse project,
I get build successful (antlr 3.3) after some seconds, even without touching
the memory settings.

but the generated java code cannot compile:

in attachment you find the list of 22 compilation errors.

is this expected, but not yet documented behaviour, or am I missing
something?

I've  found some topics  on eclipse  forums for this one:
The code for the static initializer is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit
sql2003Parser.java
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/214270/
but that is beyond my current knowledge ...

best regards,
patrick ericx