[antlr-interest] Fedora antlr3-tool command line antlr returns version 2.7.7

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Aug 9 12:58:14 PDT 2011

On 08/09/2011 01:39 PM, The Researcher wrote:

>> Hi Kevin,
>

> Thanks, I never thought about there being a second antlr command. I was also
> only looking for jar files not directories or commands.
>
> Also antlr3 is also in /usr/bin as you note.
>
> Not being a Linux person I have to ask how do you determine where the files
> in a package were installed?

In the case of Fedora, try:

# rpm -ql antlr3-tool
/usr/bin/antlr3
/usr/share/doc/antlr3-tool-3.2
/usr/share/doc/antlr3-tool-3.2/CHANGES.txt
/usr/share/doc/antlr3-tool-3.2/LICENSE.txt
/usr/share/doc/antlr3-tool-3.2/README.txt
/usr/share/java/antlr-3.2.jar
/usr/share/java/antlr3-maven-plugin-3.2.jar
/usr/share/java/antlr3-maven-plugin.jar
/usr/share/java/antlr3.jar
/usr/share/maven2/poms/JPP-antlr.pom
/usr/share/maven2/poms/JPP-antlr3-maven-plugin.pom

As you can see, this will show you what files in the antlr3-tool.rpm
were installed into which system directories.  There might still be some
files which were installed via scripts in the RPM at installation time
which do not appear in this list.

Of course, advanced RPM command options allow you to change where files
actually get installed, but that is usually left for expert RPM users....

Likewise, if you have a pathname and you want to know which RPM it came
from, try:

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/antl3
antlr3-tool-3.2-11.fc14.noarch

If you want to know where any command is (after it gets installed), the
"which" command can be your friend:

# which antrl3
/usr/bin/antlr3

> Thanks, Eric