[antlr-interest] Ignoring white space in the interpreter.

Mike Cargal mike at cargal.net
Fri Aug 26 02:35:58 PDT 2011

I'm trying to get the eclipse IDE working for me.  I have everything installed and I can generate and compile fine.

The problem I'm having is with the interpreter.

If I define a rule that puts whitespace on the hidden channel, the interpreter doesn't handle that.  I understand why the interpreter might not handle predicates in general, but it seems that not handling something like sending whitespace to the hidden channel makes the interpreter pretty much useless.

On the assumption that it's not useless, can anyone tell me how to get the interpreter to handle a grammar that sends whitespace to the hide channel?

Based on the videos I was watching, it appears that this worked at one time.

I'm using Helios with ANTLR 3.4.  I do see that the IDE only lists support through ANTLR 3.2, but don't see where I can download 3.2 (and would rather hate to be limited by an older version of ANTLR.  Already backed off to Helios from Indigo just to get it installed.)

Or, is the answer that I just need to skip the interpreter since I won't really make it very far without predicates even if I can get hidden channel to work.

Mike Cargal
mike at cargal.net