[antlr-interest] Little grammar specification problem

Andrius Bentkus andrius.bentkus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:59:53 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to write a very simple log parser with ANTLR to compare it to my
current one (which is just a bunch of regexes).
The problem that I'm facing is that I don't know how to parse random input.
In my case the input looks something like this: "word1_word2"

What I came by so far is this:
  rVal: CO rString CO;
  rString: rChar | rChar rString;
  CO: '"';

rVal should match the rule (imo), but I just get the error line 1:1 no
viable alternative at input 'de_dust'.
Maybe you guys got some better ideas, or could explain me why it doesn't.