[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR stringTemplates ObjC cleanup

Alan Condit acondit at ipns.com
Sun Feb 13 14:02:35 PST 2011

I apologize but I find the StringTemplate documentation not very helpful.
I usually use the main documentation to get familiar with a project and
then a Cheat Sheet to remind me what works. In the case of StringTemplate
the Cheat Sheet saved the day. Below is the answer that worked.

Synthesize(scope) ::=<<
<scope.attributes:{a|@synthesize <a.name>;<\n>}; separator="\n">

ruleAttributeScopeImplementation(scope) ::= <<
/* start of ruleAttributeScopeImplementation */
<if(scope.attributes)>
@implementation <scope.name>_Scope<\n>

<Synthesize(scope)> /* THIS WAS JUST TOO SIMPLE */

+ (<scope.name>_Scope *)new<scope.name>_Scope
{
  return [[[<scope.name>_Scope alloc] init] retain];
}

/********* a bunch more lines of template ************/
/*********    end of these more lines     ************/
@end /* end of <scope.name>_Scope implemtation */<\n>