[antlr-interest] Compile errors with CSharp2 Target

Simon simonzmail at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 21:21:54 PST 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the CSharp2 target to work.   I followed the
instructions here:

http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=557075

except that I generated using the command line rather than using Antlrworks:

java -classpath antlr-3.1.3.jar org.antlr.Tool -o . Test.g

The test example worked just fine and produced valid CSharp code, but
when I tried a PHP grammar (which works fine when generating to Java
code) it produced a build error:

C:\Temp\PHPParser\PhpLexer.cs(132,22): error CS0722:
'Antlr.Runtime.Token': static types cannot be used as return types

I tried using various different .NET targets (2.0, 3.0, 3.5), but it
didn't help.

Can anyone give me some hints about what might be wrong here?

Cheers & Thanks!

Simon