[antlr-interest] Compile errors with CSharp2 Target

Simon simonzmail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:13:06 PST 2011

Hi Johannes,

> The problem lies in the fact the for current state of the CSharp2 target I didn't release any binaries because of a bug which kills the execution of an example grammar. I'm currently backporting the CSharp3 runtime to isolate if the error is in the runtime or in the templates for the code generation. In the meantime use CSharp3 instead.

Thanks!  I tried the CSharp3 target but I seem to get some basic
syntactical errors:

> PHPParser\PhpLexer.cs(4996,6): error CS1009: Unrecognized escape sequence

When I look at that line it's got some clear problems with how it's
escaping characters:

> const string DFA4_eotS = "\3\uffff\1\7\5\uffff\1\7";

Which in CSharp2 is generated (correctly) as:

    const string DFA4_eotS = "\x03\uffff\x01\x07\x05\uffff\x01\x07";

This was generated using antlr 3.1.3.   I tried generating with the
latest version but got even more errors of a different kind:

> error CS0308: The non-generic type 'Antlr.Runtime.ParserRuleReturnScope' cannot be used with type arguments

at this line of code:

>	public class prog_return : ParserRuleReturnScope<IToken>, IAstRuleReturnScope<CommonTree>

Is there a particular ANTLR version / ANTLR runtime version that I
should use with these?  (in all cases here I'm using the DLLs from the
latest ANTLR-3.3, not sure if that's the right thing to do here
either).

> Sorry for the less-than-ideal situation. :(

Not at all - I appreciate your efforts to do it in the first place!

Cheers,

Simon