[antlr-interest] what would ANTLR ref guide revised edition have?

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:05:36 PST 2011

My wish list would be:

1. Tree rewriting with pattern matching: the concept is wonderfully
simple but the execution, or rather my execution, is harder. The
examples dealing with variable scope in the LIP book are really good,
and make it look obvious, but somehow I still find myself struggling
to work out what should be topdown vs bottomup, or trying to
understand errors like the one I asked about recently
(http://groups.google.com/group/il-antlr-interest/browse_thread/thread/020ae7e3140004c5/a233c2282993d971?lnk=raot&pli=1)

2. Some examples of using with more than one token channel in a parser.

3. Examples with imported / island grammars.

I'm shamelessly suggesting things that I've asked about on the list
recently but received no replies :)

Michael