[antlr-interest] ST v4

Michael Bedward michael.bedward at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 00:50:53 PST 2011

Hi Ter and all,

Some feedback on ST v4.0b5.

It works :)

I've just tested it with my Jiffle scripting language which translates
scripts to Java runtime source. I hacked over the v3 template output
grammar to a no-output one with ST4 operations in the rule actions.
When the project is compiled all unit tests pass (only a moderate
number of tests but many are quite demanding).

One question about the stg files. Previously I used "group foo : bar"
in a file to import a base template group.  ST4 has import statements
instead but it seems that you have to specify the absolute file path -
is that right ?  I'm sure that I'm missing something very obvious
there.  For the moment I'm importing the base group programmatically
instead.

Anyway, thanks for the great work !  Hope the first release is soon.

Michael