[antlr-interest] strange bug in AntlrWorks

Douglas Godfrey douglasgodfrey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 02:23:43 PST 2011

I have a large combined grammar for SQL:2003 that I have just converted from
the ISO BNF grammar.

When I put the cursor over a Parser rule I get the normal syntax diagram.

When I put the cursor over a Lexer rule I get the message:
Cannot display rule "xxxx" because start state not found.

The grammar file is names sql2003.g and the start rule is defined as the
first parser rule in the grammar file.

sql2003
    :    ( sql_client_module_definition
        | externally_invoked_procedure
        | sql_invoked_procedure
        | sql_invoked_function
        | sql_procedure_statement
        )
        EOF
    ;

I thought that the Lexer has no "Start State" as such and instead tries to
invoke each Lexer rule in order.