[antlr-interest] ANTLR virtual appliance i.e. prebundled ANTLR for a virtual machine.

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:25:14 PDT 2011

Hi Parsiad,

I am more than open to any suggestions. This is not for me but for those
learning ANTLR.

My primary goal for this at present is :

1. Make it easier for people to jump into ANTLR, preferably knowing only
Java and using "The Definitive ANTLR Reference"

2. Make it easier for people who are learning ATNLR to get help by saying I
am using appliance version x.y and here is the grammar and copy of the error
message. If someone wants to help and cannot reproduce the error, then using
the appliance x.y and the grammar should let them reproduce the error and
make a suggestion.

While it would be nice if classes teaching ANTLR used this, then they could
also guide its future development.

I just want to deliver the baby; I don't want to own it but I do my best to
keep it from getting orphaned. Since I know ANTLR and have built about  a
hundred different virtual machines for myself, these are basically a no
brainer, and building one for the ANTLR community seemed a nice was to pay
by dues.

Eric