[antlr-interest] changes between 3.2 and 3.3 that brake a 3.2 tutorial

Sébastien Kirche sebastien.kirche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 04:34:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am currently playing with the antlr-3.3-complete.jar package.
While trying to fix a lexer token priority problem in my grammar, I
tried to test the token listing method described in the (very useful
!) posts from Bart Kiers about its tutorial with the TL language.

My problem is that his method applied on my grammar outputs nothing.
I banged my head against my desk for a while for looking what I did
wrong with reusing Bart's code, until I tested his code and example
as-is and found that it outputs nothing too...
As the TL tutorial is build with antlr 3.2, I tried to recompile with
3.2 instead of 3.3 and then it is working as expected  o_O

I cannot find in the 3.3 releases notes
(http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/ANTLR+3.3+Release+Notes)
what causes that behavior difference between 3.2 and 3.3.

The specific code from Bart Kiers I have tried is from the post at
http://bkiers.blogspot.com/2011/03/3-lexical-analysis-of-tl.html

Thanks.
--
Sébastien Kirche