[antlr-interest] Interest in a Go lang port

Gary Miller gary at sumwise.com
Thu Jul 28 18:12:26 PDT 2011

yep, Go is open source.

Motivations
- Neat language (imo).
  One of the few with currency primitives.
  Designed with orthogonality as a strong driving force.
  Love the separation of interface and implementation inheritance.

- Is now a Google AppEngine supported language.
  The only compiled language supported in a PaaS that I know of.

- C like, plus object oriented, so a port shouldn't be that difficult
(probably naive on my part).

- Doesn't yet have a parser generator that targets it (again, as far as I
know)

- I'm interested in learning more about Go and ANTLR.

Regards
Gary