[antlr-interest] [SPAM] [SPAM] Re: C# Target: Problems with Mono

Felix Natter felix.natter at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Sat Mar 5 07:24:41 PST 2011

Olivier Lefevre <lefevrol at yahoo.com>
writes:

> On 3/1/2011 10:00 PM, Felix Natter wrote:
>> I am trying to generate C# code from my grammar for use with Mono2 (v1.9).
>  >
>> ** (Antlr3.exe:4230): WARNING **: Missing method System.Reflection.Emit.DynamicMethod::.ctor(string,Type,Type[])
>
> 1) The Mono team is quite candid about what is missing:
>     http://www.go-mono.com/status/ (System.Reflection can be found under mscorlib)
> 2) Mono 2.1.9 is ancient: the long-term and current stable versions
>     are 2.6.7 and

Thanks for the hint. Yesterday I upgraded to Mono 2.6.7 (backport from
Debian squeeze, I haven't yet upgraded) and it seems I can now use the
CSharp3 target by loading the .sln in monodevelop (but I have yet to
test this more thoroughly).

But I am quite sure that the CSharp2 target in ANTLR 3.3 is broken
(but, as a last resort, the CSharp target in ANTLR 3.1 seems to work).

>     2.10.1: http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
> 3) Has anyone run the ANTLR C# runtime through Moma, the Mono Migration Analyzer?
>     http://mono-project.com/Moma

That would be interesting.

Greetings,
--