[antlr-interest] Q: move from v2 to v3 parser grammar. Rewrite tree rule

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Mar 23 09:06:29 PDT 2011

It is a trade off, as you guess. The features that come with v3 demanded
some changes and sometimes you have to lose a few conveniences. The
lexer/token changes were driven by performance for instance, whereby
copying text in to the token whether you were going to use it or not was a
performance hit.

You will probably see a few other things that may 'annoy' you at first,
but they are changes for good reason :)

Jim