[antlr-interest] Problem with ANTLR3.3 and Python 2.7

Jason Doege jdoege at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:28:09 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am attempting to use ANTLRWorks with Python2.7 on Windows 7. I am using
the
latest ANTLRWorks release which I think includes ANTLR3.3

I obtained the python runtime from the antlr-3.3.tar.gz file specified on
this
webpage: http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Python+runtime (the
"Complete
ANTLR 3.x Java binaries jar" file mentioned on the webpage actually
contained no
Python runtime.)

I moved the antlr3 folder to my LIB directory under my python2.7
installation
directory as have for every other library I use.

I built and compiled a grammar without difficulty and tried to run the
resultant
parser and I get the following error:

RuntimeError: ANTLR version mismatch: The recognizer has been generated by
V3.3
Nov 30, 2010 12:45:30, but this runtime is V3.1.3. Please use the V3.3 Nov
30,
2010 12:45:30 runtime or higher.

I have been searching for answers to this problem for a couple of days and
have
come up empty.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Best regards,