[antlr-interest] C# Tool on *nix Platforms

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:52:28 PDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Justin Holewinski <
justin.holewinski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the C# tool available on the antlr.org website (C# 3 runtime
> distribution) supposed to be compatible with Mono on *nix platforms?  When
> executed on Mac OS X and Linux, the tool fails to find the .stg files for
> any language, and it seems to be an issue in AntlrTool.cs, line 127:
>
> TemplatesDirectory = Path.Combine(ToolPathRoot, @"Codegen\Templates");
>
> On *nix platforms, the use of a back-space character here is invalid.  An
> extra Path.Combine call here should fix the issue.  However, the solution
> does not build with Mono's xbuild so I am unable to test it.
>
> If this tool is known to be incompatible with Mono on *nix, are there any
> future plans to add compatibility?

Just a quick follow-up.  I can confirm the above fix would work.  Even
though the solution does not compile with Mono's xbuild, a binary edit of
Antlr3.exe to replace "Codegen\Templates" with "Codegen/Templates" is enough
to make the tool work. :)

--

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski