[antlr-interest] [stringtemplate-interest] Release of StringTemplate 4.0

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Mar 31 08:44:36 PDT 2011

Cheers, it saves me configuring build helper. However, it isn't so much
that, as whether we are supporting Maven philosophically or not. If Ter
does not want to build with it, then I will be forever playing catch up
and wrangling builds together. The build helper is fine but then we are
already heading away from the structure etc. I like Maven a lot, but you
have to buy in to it really.

So, I wonder if we don't just create the artifacts directly from the Jars
the Ter builds and deploy them. We lose the jar with dependencies though,
which is a shame.

So, if we could decide not to randomly change the build around and add
weird scripts to ANT, then I can keep it going. But even keeping the
plugin going is going to be a pain if I have to keep deploying the jars,
and then because we are not eating our own dog food, we will keep breaking
the plugin by changing the options without changing the plugin and so on
etc...

However, we should move to maven 3 for version 4 of ST and ANTLR if we are
going to keep going.

Jim