[antlr-interest] update on v4

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sun Nov 13 13:26:36 PST 2011

Hi, A quick update on v4. I hope to have an early access release sometime late December.  Sam Harwell has been hard at work building the new ANTLRWorks and it looks great. He has also been invaluable, helping with general architecture and API discussions as I move forward with the tool itself.  Shaoting Cai is working on gunit  integration for ANTLRWorks. Udo Borkowski is helping with graphics for various tools and built the awesome tree layout implementation.

One of the things that I'm using the tree layout for is to help with tree parser debugging in v4. In version 3, when you get an error in the tree parser, it prints out some obscure message. Now, it's going to pop up a little window and show you where in the tree and got confused. E.g.,

sorry for my general silence on the lists…I'm super busy until the end of the semester in early December.

Ter