[antlr-interest] ISO SQL 2003 Grammar

Ivan Bludov ivan.bludov at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:51:40 PDT 2011

So as I wrote I read your previous posts ( and file comments of
cause). So at first I was surprised enough that so much system
resources was needed. But as Terence wrote "With 3.3 I find that it
terminates in 12s on my box with 220M ram"
(http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2011-April/041439.html).
So I got the same result with antl 3.3. So build results depend on
antlr version (different results on different antlr version). So with
antl 3.4 the building process seems to fall into infinite loop and
thus system resources don't matter. So with 3.3 build result is
successful about few seconds, but the generated parser has some
errors. The critical problem - I think - is that the parser has
duplicated (identical) case in some switch statements. So I posted
these thoughts.

Douglas Godfrey, I appreciate your work on SQL2003 parser. But I
couldn't see the work result. Could you write your environment? Antlr
version? Have you already use your generated parser in some another
project? Because the generated parser has some another errors: "big
grammar" problem with 64kbyte class - but it is another problem.

Ivan Bludov