[antlr-interest] Infinite loop after upgrade to 3.3

Ben Dotte ben.dotte at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:43:43 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade our Java Antlr runtime from 3.1.2 to 3.3, but running
into an infinite loop in the parser. I'm a little puzzled about the best way
to troubleshoot this. Everything worked fine in 3.1.2.

Basically, anything I try to run through the parser in my application to
generate the AST just sits there. Watching a threaddump, I can see it
bouncing around between the different parser rules, but it never finishes
and never throws any exceptions either.

I can run the same input through ANTLRWorks 1.4.2 and it executes just fine
and gives me the right AST output.

I also tried the 3.4 runtime with the same result.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben