[antlr-interest] Beginning ANTLR documentation. Need a few people to sanity check it before release.

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 18:32:50 PDT 2011

To help other first time ANTLR users, I created some documentation,
tutorials, and reference guides that I wish I had when starting.

If you just want to see the documents then they should be *freely* available
in a month or so depending upon quantity and the quality of the feedback.

If you are interested in checking the documents and sending feedback to help
me out it would be appreciated.

The documents have a few categories

   1. Create an ANTLR appliance using Virtual Box, Debian, ANTLR, ANTLRWorks
   and NetBeans.
   2. A Reference Manual for org.antlr.Tool command line options, and
   ANTLRWorks.
   3. Additional notes for VirtualBox, Debian, and ANTLRWorks.
   4. A basic tutorial for using org.antlr.Tool, ANTLRWorks.
   5. How to setup NetBeans to debug/step through at the source code level
   for both org.antlr.Tool and ANTLRWorks. This is not recommended but is
   documented because when you need it, it is nice to have.

If you do decide to help, I would ask that you take the time to work through
the instructions/tutorials in full which should take the better part of a
day or two. Since you will be building a virtual machine with VirtualBox,
you will need a machine that can spare at least 512 Meg for the virtual
machine.

Since I don't run a web server, I can only e-mail them to you.
Also, until they are correct and published, you cannot share them with
anyone. I don't want them indexed by a search engine and contributing more
invalid info to the Internet.

Sequence - Document -  Size

002 Preface 5,175,718

003 Install VirtualBox 1,487,708

004 VirtualBox Notes 360,220

005 Common VirtualBox Steps 2,902,846

006 Create Virtual Box virtual machine for Debian 6 (Squeeze) 866,391

007 Install Debian 6 (Squeeze) No GNOME 5,077,635

008 Install gnome-core on Debian 6 (Squeeze) 507,395

010 Common Debian Steps 17,321,468

013 Debian Notes 351,766

014 Debian - Personal Configuration 169,267

015 Install Java Development Kit (JDK) 1,416,777

017 Install Packaged Utilities 2,538,901

018 Install NFS 398,033

021 Install ZGRViewer 2,019,806

022 Install Maven 1,882,918

023 Install Scripts 26,823

025 Demonstration Grammars 550,802

030 Install ANTLR 3.4 267,009

032 ANTLR Tool - Reference Manual 14,366,470

033 Using ANTLR Tool - Expression Evaluator 1,083,546

035 ANTLR - Other command line tools 444,861

040 Install ANTLRWorks 1,965,279

042 ANTLRWorks Notes 2,176,458

045 ANTLRWorks - Reference Manual 29,571,591

046 Using ANTLRWorks 5,106,738

052 Create source directory 716,740

060 Install NetBeans 7.0.1 2,648,763

061 Debug ANTLR source with Netbeans 14,538,637

Thanks, Eric