[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks 2 (for ANTLR v4)/Hotkeys, Shortcuts; multi-monitor support

Udo Weik WeikEngOff at aol.com
Sat Oct 22 09:41:12 PDT 2011

Hello all,

and now my really humble wishes - hotkeys/shortcuts everywhere
and unique names for all the dialogs.

I'm working since many years with Speech Recognition (SR)
(yep, Ter), that means all my apps are controlled with speech
commands. Additionally I'm using a touchscreen with application
specific dynamic keyboard layouts. The basic requirement for
both is a reliable way to "trigger" the wanted command of an
app. The main problem are context menus - which can, as the name
implies, change depending on the context. Therefore it's not
reliable just to move n items down, press Enter and for submenus
repeat that.
(And pls. GUI-programmers - always be so kind and think about
disabled persons - catchword "accessibility" [of software] -
fortunately I'm not a disabled person, but when you work with
SR your senses are sharpend on that subject).

When working with SR, there are three types of commands:
1. global
2. application-specfic
3. window-specific

For type 3., window-specific commands, e. g. all kinds of dialogs,
a unique name of the dialog is necessary so that the corresponding
SR-commands are only valid when that dialog is shown.

Last I hope that ANTLRWorks 2 supports multiple monitors - all windows
should be de/attachable.

More wishes will follow, Christmas is comming soon...

Many thanks so far and greetings
Udo