[antlr-interest] Problem using ANTLRWorks 1.4.3 with Java 1.7 and Win 7 Pro

The Researcher researcher0x00 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:25:40 PDT 2011

Hi Bary,

> For the debugger, you most likely need a driver program. The Interpreter
>> supplies a driver program, but the debugger requires you to create one.

I was thinking about the command line requiring user written driver when I
mentioned the debugger. My bad. The debugger should be able to build the
compiler and lexer from a valid grammar and then run.
After you select Debug from the menu and click OK for the input dialog,
ANTLRWorks will create the necessary files for you in an ouput directory.

output
├── classes
│   ├── test
│   │   ├── ExprLexer.class
│   │   └── ExprParser.class
│   └── __Test__.class
├── ExprLexer.java
├── ExprParser.java
├── Expr.tokens
├── __Test___input.txt
└── __Test__.java
2 directories, 8 files

The debugger problem is related to the fact that the debugger communicates
using a port. About the only thing you can change is the port number in
ANTLRWork preferences.

The Preferences option is not available until a grammar is open. Strange
bug.

>From the menu File -> Preferences -> Debugger -> Default Local Port.  It
should be 49100 but use to be 49153. Sometimes you just have to start the
debugger a few times to get it to work, or exit and restart ANTLRWorks a few
times.

If that doesn't get you working the best place to find help is
http://antlr.markmail.org/  search terms: debug port.

Hope that helps.

Eric