[antlr-interest] For getCharPositionInLine(), is there a way to make tab count for 8 chars instead of 1?

Dejas Ninethousand dejas9000 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:58:40 PDT 2011

I want to ensure that line and cols reported by my parser line up with what
the user would see in a program like Textpad.  In Textpad if you move the
cursor across a tab character the column counter and cursor advance by 8 and
not 1 even though only one char in the stream has been traversed.  Can I
configure some setting in ANTRL such that tab chars are treated the same way
for column reporting?

Thanks.