[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks 2 (for ANTLR v4)

Laurent Caillette laurent.caillette at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 14:03:56 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I used ANTLRWorks one or two years ago, as a standalone tool. The
Intellij IDEA plugin was too buggy.

I liked the "rename" feature that helped me a lot.

Hyperlinking and navigating through symbols was great, too. Maybe
symbol list could get more polished, even if I don't know how.

I stopped using the interpreter once I introduced syntactic predicates.

The errors after a grammar check, or a grammar compilation didn't show
clearly. Most of times I cleaned up the console manually or something
like that.

Often, I found the diagrams useful but navigation wasn't easy. Zooming
seemed to occur on a bitmap rather on a vector drawing.

As a conclusion, ANTLRWorks helped me a lot. Glad to hear about the
incoming 2.0!

Laurent Caillette
http://novelang.org