[antlr-interest] handshake problems

David Smith david.smith at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 16 12:45:30 PDT 2011

I think I might have graduated from Kindergarten to Big Boy
questions.  Something annoying keeps happening within my Java
code.  It runs fine, then a butterfly flaps its wings somewhere, and
none of my code runs.  It stops in the middle of my (gr)Parser.java
at this code:

         setTokenStream(new DebugTokenStream(input,proxy));
         try {
             proxy.handshake();
         }

It seems to disappear into compiled code in the handshake never to
reappear.  I have no idea what happened to cause this to fail and
therefore no idea how to fix it.  So I take a couple of Aspirin, take
the night off and maybe in the morning it will work again.

Two questions:

1. Why are we shaking hands with something else when all I want to do
is parse a file?

2. Do we know some settings somewhere that make this lightning strike
less likely?

DMS

David M. Smith http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/David.Smith
Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Computing
Sent from my ASR-33 Teletype