[antlr-interest] Custom object tree from tree parser?

Mari Matinlassi mmatinlassi at icinetic.com
Fri Sep 23 02:33:50 PDT 2011

Hello,

I want to build custom object trees from text. As a simplified example,
parser input is

Car Seat;
Car Audi;
Customer John;

Parser output shall be an object tree where e.g. Car object is an
instantiation of a class below (Respectively, Customer class would be
something similar):

public class Car
{
	private string  brand;
	public Car(string _brand)
	{
		this.brand = _brand;
	}
	public string Brand
	{
		 get { return brand; }

What is the best way to do this? Custom AST node and custom TreeAdaptor?
Tree parser with actions embedded in rules? What about the problem that not
all the nodes are similar? Could you please give me some hint to the right
direction?

Kind regards,

Mari