[antlr-interest] CommonTree vs CommonAST

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Sat Sep 24 09:36:05 PDT 2011

Hi. I'm working on the v4 runtime and, since I have introduced a formal notion of the parse tree, some naming changes seem reasonable. I created interface Tree, which is generic. Then I introduced ParseTree. "Tree" is such a generic term and might conflict with ParseTree I've changed the abstract syntax tree stuff back to AST (like in v2). Here is the complete hierarchy: