[antlr-interest] contemplating a move of mailing list to stackoverflow.com

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Apr 18 09:50:02 PDT 2012

On Apr 15, 2012, at 7:27 PM, Eric wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think killing off this list is a bad idea because the format here
> complements the format at StackOverflow. We need both, but I do agree that
> people should make use of both not just this list.

I'm slowly coming around this position. just think about where we would have this very discussion. it would get closed immediately at SO as it is not a question.

I'm thinking that the Google group idea in addition to SO for FAQ-like questions is the right approach. I can alter the website to differentiate and also in the discussion group, we can point people at SO answers.

Let me poke around to see what groups Jim Idle and I created years ago that might still be around :) It satisfies one of my goals of not having to manage another piece of software.

Ter