[antlr-interest] Rewriting questions

pnicklas at freenet.de pnicklas at freenet.de
Thu Apr 26 02:49:49 PDT 2012

Hi!

I want to write a code rewriter, but I don't know how to realize the following pseudocode:

string[] list = {"int", "float"};

foreach(string newtype in list){

 //rewriting rule
 if(predefined_type != newtype)
 predefined_type -> newtype;

 // action: create the new TokenString
 tokens.ToString();

 // use the original tokens to go on
 tokens.ToOriginalString();
}

Explanation:

1. The first problem is, that I don't want to write a grammar for every type I want to insert. Can I use a list/array/multi-value type for that?

2. I don't want to replace all occurrencies of the type, only the first, the second etc. in the file. Can I execute an action (save the token strings) right after the rewrite and set the tokens back after that?

3. Can I insert some conditions in the rule, like exluding the actual type?

Do you have any better ideas to realize that?
(Sry for my newbie questions, I couldn't find it in the docs.)

Thank you.

Peter

---
Nutzen Sie freenet Mail optimal angepasst für Ihr iPhone, Android oder Nokia Handy auch von unterwegs.
Alle Infos und Download unter freenetMail Apps