[antlr-interest] confluence / mysql help

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Mon Aug 27 22:58:43 PDT 2012

Terence Parr wrote:
> Hi, Does anybody want to help me migrate the confluence wiki to mysql from the in memory database hsql? Perhaps I just need some general advice as I go along. I remember getting stuck and frustrated trying to install it the last time.
>
> I can create a clean box at Amazon Web services for trying out installation…
>
> Ter

If you want a SQL database I strongly recommend you use PostgreSQL instead of
MySQL, as you'll have a better experience.

Postgres 9.1.x is the current stable version and 9.2 is the next major version,
currently in RC1 status, and is expected to be stable in September.  Use 9.1 if
you're moving now.

In any event, a quick bit of Googling found these pages:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+for+PostgreSQL

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+For+MySQL

If you decide to use Postgres I may be able to give you more help in installing it.

-- Darren Duncan