[antlr-interest] The code for the static initializer is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit

Edgar Jakumeit eja at arcor.de
Fri Aug 31 13:26:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

I just ran into the very same issue "problem about the code for the
static initializer is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit" Zhaohui Yang
posted 2 weeks ago, but the code I'm working with (the graph rewrite
generator GrGen.NET) is public, so given the grammar file at
https://bitbucket.org/eja/grgen/src/20956f86416f/frontend/de/unika/ipd/grgen/parser/antlr/GrGen.g
I'd like to express my interest in
a) the free pointers offered by Jim
b) the patch offered by FA
(Note: the grammar builds the AST directly from the semantic actions.)

After 9 years of contributions of different people and a target which
moved beyond what was originally envisioned the grammar is not as lean
as one could hope for, but I don't think it's so bad the parser
generator (better: the code generated) should fail.

Regards
Edgar