[antlr-interest] C# target debugging issues

Jonathan Roberts plasticfridge at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:38:46 PST 2012

All,

After some research on why I am struggling to get debugging working with
the Antlr C# target I ran into this post (About Antlr 3.3)

8< Snip

 Hi, i'm writing because i have some problems using Antlr 3.3, target

CSharp3 with -debug option.

Compile the attached grammar (taken from Antlr 3.3 examples)  with -debug,

ANTLR generates wrong C# code eg:

     * generates wrong class definition eg: public partial class Myclass

: DebugAntlr.Runtime.Parser instead of Antlr.Runtime.Debug.DebugParser

     * doesn't genrate static member decisionCanBacktrack

     * set the DebugListener readonly property in the constructor

Best Regards

Max

Hi Max,

The CSharp3 target does not currently support ANTLRWorks-style debugging.

I'm planning to support debugging in a future release of the target.

Thanks,

Sam Harwell

>8 End snip

I was just wondering if this had been fixed with the latest version or if
this is the source of my issues.

If it is, does anyone know of a workaround?

Cheers

Jon