[antlr-interest] StringTemplate v4 and C# fails for me at step zero

Peter Piper peterpiper797 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:13:48 PST 2012

I'm using Antlr3 version 3.4.1.9004.

I added a reference to the Antlr4.StringTemplate.dll and set the output option to "output=template" in my (working) tree grammar. Even though I hadn't added any template expansions, a quick verifying-compilation failed because Antlr added the following statements to the source file that it generated:

using Antlr3.ST;
using Antlr3.ST.Language;

which do not refer to the correct namespaces for the DLL that I downloaded (it should be Antlr4.StringTemplate), and it also has added code like this:

   private StringTemplateGroup _templateGroup = new StringTemplateGroup("PhaseTwoTemplates", typeof(AngleBracketTemplateLexer) );

yet the object browser shows that the DLL contains no such object (it should be called TemplateGroup).

Does this stuff work under C#, or have I got a corrupted setup somehow?

Thanks for any help!

Dan