[antlr-interest] Pie and simple expression calculator

Kyle Ferrio kferrio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:36:09 PST 2012

Hi again.

When you compare how math expressions are implented in the antlr3 grammar
for C-- and in the antlr4 grammar for R, you will get a pretty good sense
of how the addition of left recursion to LL(*) is going to make our jobs
easier.

Offtopic...I like R for quick analyses, but I prefer not to push it too
far.  I've collected enough quirky languages for a lifetime.  And your
description of your experience suggests that we have traveled parallel
rings in this inferno.  Lions, tigers and "parsers" written in FORTRAN
77.   Oh my!

Careful...if your language "just works" you may be cutting yourself off
from a lucrative support business!  :)

Kyle