[antlr-interest] Antlr v4 - C++ target

Sam Harwell sam at tunnelvisionlabs.com
Tue Jan 10 16:22:46 PST 2012

Hi Richard,

I wouldn't expect a C++ version of ANTLR 4 within the next 12 months. The
Java target and ANTLRWorks 2 are both still pre-alpha. I'm not planning to
start the C# target until a release candidate of v4 is available, and the C#
target will involve ports of the runtime, the tool, and potentially
integration of some ANTLRWorks 2 features into Visual Studio. After that is
working I'll start the C++ port.

I'm confident that under standard usage the C++ port will reduce memory to
about 10-15% of what 3.4 currently requires. Using templates and a custom
token type, it should be possible to cut that down to <5% of what 3.4
requires.

--
Sam Harwell
Owner, Lead Developer