[antlr-interest] No errors output by v4 daily build?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Fri Jan 20 09:14:16 PST 2012

boy,That is very weird because I specifically added syntax checks for the missing ';' and so on. let me try one.

ok, yeah, I don't have the check in there that the filename is the same as the grammar name. here is one check for the missing ';'

~/antlr/code/antlr4/main/tool/playground $ cat XX.g
grammar E;

a : A
~/antlr/code/antlr4/main/tool/playground $ a4 XX.g
error(15): XX.g:4:0: mismatched input '<EOF>' expecting SEMI while matching a rule

 and another

~/antlr/code/antlr4/main/tool/playground $ cat XX.g
grammar E;

a : A
b : B ;
~/antlr/code/antlr4/main/tool/playground $ a4 XX.g
error(15): XX.g:4:0: unterminated rule (missing ';') detected at 'b :' while looking for rule element

 perhaps you should send me an example.

Ter