[antlr-interest] Antlr v4 - C++ target

Kieran Simpson kierans777 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 23:35:20 PST 2012

On 23/07/64 5:59 AM, Gokulakannan Somasundaram wrote:

>> I'd be interested in seeing the end result as I'm writing a C++ program
>> that uses the C parser to process my DSL.  The wrapper code is
>> manageable but annoying.
>>

> Can you throw me more light on the same? Please elaborate on the annoying
> portions of the wrapper code.

Things like having a C compiled grammar call back into C++ code.
Namespaces and other C++ constructs get in the way.  Wrapper code
consists of a lot of typedefs and function definitions to customise the
behaviour of the generated parser/lexer.  Being able to subclass is one
bonus of a C++ runtime.

Cheers,